Location: District (Hazaribagh) in Jharkhand & urban settlements Bawana, Jahangirpuri and Holambi Khurd) in Delhi
Level Of Contact With Children: 1 (Direct contact with children)
The position holder shall be responsible to adhere & work within the ambit of Plan India’s Safeguarding Children & Young People and Gender Equality Policies.
About Plan India:
Plan India, a member of Plan International Federation, is a nationally registered independent child development organization committed to creating a lasting impact in the lives of vulnerable and excluded children, their families and communities. For over 40 years, Plan India and its partners have improved the lives of millions of children by providing them access to protection, basic education, proper healthcare, a healthy environment, livelihood opportunities and participation in decisions which affect their lives.
Plan India outlines its bold purpose of ensuring “girls are empowered to take actions and get equal” through the Country Strategy V (2020-25). We commit ourselves to advance rights, equality and justice for all girls and young women in India through strategic, rights based and gender transformative interventions on education, youth economic empowerment, sexual reproductive health and rights, gender based violence, nutrition and disaster risk management. In doing so, we will keep in frame and contribute to India’s SDG commitments and annual targets.
The incumbent would be the on-the-ground focal point for the implementation of Girl Centered Community Development programs under the theme of Sexual & Reproductive Health & Rights, focused on menstrual health & hygiene. The Health & Hygiene ( MHM ) promotors will have to undertake all the program related activities and ensure coordination between communities and Plan India program teams for smooth execution of gender transformative programs aligned with Plan India’ purpose of ensuring ‘Girls are empowered to take actions and get equal’.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES OR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
• To develop work plan in consultation with Health Coordinator and ensure proper execution of the same
• To support & facilitate implementation of field level activities according to program plans like ( peer educator training, focus group meetings, intergenerational dialogue, MHM educational activities at schools, aganwadis, community & Health information centres, campaigns , data collection) etc in accordance to project work plan. .
• To work with communities, local leaders, adolescents boys , men to explore their needs and abilities and to agree on & facilitate solutions and encouraging men involvement on issue of MHM
• To organize training, surveys and ensure services for girls, boys, women & men on project theme.
• To facilitate adolescents & young women, communities to access to government entitlements and schemes in relation to MHM.
• To co-ordinate, liaison and work closely with local groups/Community Based Organisations at grass root level
• Strengthen/ monitor and capacity build-up of all village level based groups and committees.
• Establish coordination with government frontlines for their involvement in project activities
• Monthly / quarterly reporting as per prescribed period and format , activity file maintenance and documentation of best practices
• To ensure Child & Youth Safeguarding Protection SOPs are followed /adhered during program execution across at the village level.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Class 12th pass. Graduate will be preferred.
• At least 2 year of work or volunteer experience in supporting community outreach, training on menstrual health and hygiene, adolescent health.
• Hindi typing skill is desired
• Preference will be given to candidates who live in the local community with relevant work experience.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
• Sincerity, patience , tact and the ability to earn the trust of others
• Proactive, results and service-oriented
• Excellent listening skills and confidence in talking to people both in groups and on a one-to one basis.
• Conflict resolution skills
• Networking skills
PLAN INDIA’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
• Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
• Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
• Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
• Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
• Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
• Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
• Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
• Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
• Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
• Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
• Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
• Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
We are inclusive and empowering
• Empowers staff to give their best and develop their potential
• Respects all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
• Supports children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives
COMPENSATION & EMPLOYMENT
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send us your updated resume along with suitability note in one file (Word Format only) for the position of “Health & Hygiene (MHM) Promotors ”at email@example.com. Please mention “Health & Hygiene (MHM) Promotors” and preferred location in the subject line.
Last date for sending applications is 04 Mar’21. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information, please visit our website www.planindia.org