Prerana, has been addressing the issue of sex trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation of children and women intensively and comprehensively since the past three decades by camping at ground zero. Overtime it has evolved several path breaking interventions in the service sector and contributed substantially towards advocacy and capacity building activities. It pioneered the term and domain, post rescue operations, aftercare and is engaged in fine tuning a variety of techniques and tools indispensable in those domains such as minimum standards of care and protection, social investigations, care plans, etc. On one hand it has worked very closely in partnership with the state agencies and on the other hand, through its landmark Public Interest Litigations (PILs), it has mobilised the will power and resources of the state.
About the Project:
Currently Prerana is looking to hire a MEL Manager for a project which aims to strengthen the surrounding systems and immediate environment to better address and manage cases of commercial sexual exploitation of child victims that come into the system post rescue. The project will be implemented in Palghar and Raigad districts and over a period of time in Nagpur, Ahmednagar and Pune districts of Maharashtra. Following is an overview of broad activities that will be undertaken within the project –
1. Social Case Work services to cases referred by the Child Welfare Committees and other child protection authorities
2. Creating a pool of Barefoot Social Case Workers (BCWs)
3. Planning and conducting capacity building sessions for a broad spectrum of stakeholders
4. Facilitating convergence in districts with District Office (DO)
5. Creating, maintaining and disseminating resource directory at district levels
6. Generating mass awareness (Online and Offline) on prevention, victim centered practices in rehabilitation
7. Undertaking Gap Analysis with regard to Victim Friendly Practices.
8. Creating & disseminating locally adapted resource material on prevention, victim centric rehabilitation practices for traffic victims. Promotion of resources through a local website.
The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for end-to-end management of the project. Following are some specific responsibilities that the candidate will be expected to fulfill (apart from being available for other need-based tasks as and when required) –
1. Implementation - Ensuring that project outcomes are achieved as per the proposed plan, in terms of timely implementation of activities and targets achievement. Efficient delegation of responsibilities and establishing follow-up mechanisms to close the loops.
2. Team Management – Ability to support and monitor a team spread across districts, in multiple project sites and ensuring that they deliver in accordance with the project objectives. Additionally, being available for the team and addressing their needs as and when required and taking responsibility of their growth and development.
3. Accountability – Ability and courage to own the project and take responsibility of the outcomes with dedication, sincerity and commitment.
4. Documentation - Documentation and monitoring of project activities and budgets through crisp and scientific reports that are up-to-date and readily accessible/available at any given point in time.
5. Knowledge - In-depth understanding of the subject matter and ability to articulate succinctly and crisply regarding the same.
6. Data Management - Maintaining an updated dossier of all project data including reports, MIS, financials, communication collateral and any other relevant documents.
7. Communication – Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to represent the project to various stakeholders through verbal interactions/discussions and documents.
8. Hiring – Providing support, as and when required, to senior management in hiring for the project.
A suitable candidate will be –
1. Committed and non-judgmental
2. Aware about the sensitivity of the issue
3. Calm and composed while interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
4. Preferably experienced in managing multi-site projects and team members
5. Proficient in English and Hindi. Marathi language proficiency will be an added advantage.
6. Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability
7. Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor tasks
8. Good time management and willingness to work occasional long hours and travel to the field as required
9. Ability to independently and proactively work as a team member with minimum day-to-day oversight
10. Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated and result-driven.
Fieldwork experience of 1 to 2 years and 2 to 4 years of experience in managing a project and a team.
Educational Qualification –
Preferably a Master Degree in any relevant discipline.
Last date for applications – 25th February 2020
Email – email@example.com with subject line – ‘Application for Senior Program Manager’.
Commensurate with the qualifications and experience