Jiv Daya Foundation is a private foundation based in Dallas, TX. Our broad mission is to improve the quality of life for those most in need. Currently the Foundation operates several targeted initiatives in healthcare based in India. These include pediatric oncology, palliative care, amputee assistance, infectious diseases, and maternal and neonatal health. The Foundation provides training and salary support for social workers to raise financial aid, tools and staff to facilitate prospective data collection, and donations and financial support for life saving consumables to physicians and government institutions providing services in the above fields in India.
The Foundation is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a full-time position for TB Project Officer. Candidate should have experience in managing TB patients including diagnosis, treatment regimens, management of side effects and long term follow up of patients. Project officer will be responsible for assisting with on-the- ground coordination and oversight of project at various government institutions.. These responsibilities would include site visits to various JDF grantee hospitals, assessing gaps in current TB treatment services and come up with appropriate solutions for patients benefits. Regular phone and email communication with senior physicians as well as staff supported by JDF grant funds, as well as administrative duties. The position would focus primary with the Foundation’s newswest focus area on Tuberculosis.
Identifying new hospitals and performing introductory site visits to potential grantee sites for JDF to initiate support for Infectious diseases.
Regular communication with physicians at grant sites to discuss progress of project
On-the- ground assessment , monitoring and support for JDF supported hospital staff such as doctors, nurses, social workers, counselors.
Regular communication with Dallas staff to provide project updates and reports detailing the impact measured at grant sites
Assist in meeting and event planning for India conferences, and travel with Foundation Dallas-based staff to site visits or meetings.
Identify and build relationships with NGOs working in the similar field of work for JDF to partner with.
• Medical degree ( MBBS , BAMS , BHMS)
• Advanced degree in health care and a background in life science (MPH, MHA, PH. D)
• Prior experience in working in the field of infectious disease and treating TB Patients
• At least 3 years of experience in medical setting preferred
• Knowledge and understanding of current treatment practices and gaps in access to life saving medicines, appropriate diagnostics and preventative services
• Ability to work across multiple functions, geographies, time zones, and cultures.
• Strategic thinker who can connect the dots across functions and find practical solutions.
Other responsibilities as assigned by senior managers
Travel Requirement :
50 % of travel requirement in a month to various grantee hospitals for monitoring and assessment ( Includes Train and Air travel)
Desired Background/Skill Set:
• Prior clinical experience in treating TB patients
• Self-starter and ability to anticipate tasks before explicitly given
• Openness to changing responsibilities depending on the stage of each project
• Demonstrated commitment to making a difference in the lives of others
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Job Type: Full-time
Location : Delhi ( Connaught Place )
If interested in applying please send your CV to email@example.com .
For more information about our work and projects, please visit www.jivdayafound.org.