Post graduate with specialisation in finance; CA / ICWA preferred.
Preference & Age Limit:
Around 40 - 45 years of age
Desired candidate should have at least over fifteen plus years of experience in Finance Management and Fund Raising. Should be conversant with various fund raising options available to NGOs. Candidates worked in a Corporate Finance Department of any Financial Service Company will be preferred. Ability to work effectively as part of a small close-knit team, adaptable and flexible to changing circumstances and needs of the role, including flexibility in working hours to ensure coordination with colleagues heading projects.
Director – Finance & Fund Raising should oversee all the financial aspects of the business and drive the organization’s financial planning and strategy. Need to assess the financial position of the organization, and possess broad knowledge to all accounting, and financial principles.
He or she would also be responsible for the Business Development and lead the fund raising for the organisation. Responsibilities include preparation and presenting Revenue and Capital Budgets, periodic review of financial performance, comparison of actual performance with budgets and recommending corrective actions if needed to adhere to the budgets. Managing workers or volunteers, organizing events, developing donors, and grant writing. He / She must create effective strategies for maximizing donations.
Minimum skills required – Should possess
• Very high proficiency level in verbal and written communication
• Should possess basic knowledge in Income Tax / GST, Public Trust Act and other laws applicable to NGOs.
• Highly motivated and able to work independently to agreed goals and targets and take ownership of the overall fundraising programme of the organization.
• Strong Interpersonal & Networking Skills
• Good people management skills
• Ability to build long-term relationships with potential donors.
• Good Budget Management skills.
• Able to work under pressure, meeting key project and reporting deadlines.
• Working knowledge of utilizing the digital platforms for fundraising initiatives.
Key Areas of Delivery
• Lead the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the top management.
• Administer and review all financial plans and budgets.
• Prepare, analyze and present financial reports (income statements and balance sheets) in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements to senior management.
• Be aware of the organization’s financial position; monitor progress and changes and produce monthly budget versus actual reports.
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
• Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for the organisation.
• Lead communication with key donors and funders with the aim of cultivating, growing and sustaining long-term funding and collaboration.
• Develop multi-level relationships within the prospect / donor organisations.
• Ability to interact at senior management teams / C-Levels / decision makers across various stakeholders, donor partner organisations, etc.
• Set and achieve realistic time-limited fundraising targets, agreed in consultation with
key staff and the Board of Trustees.
• Partner with various internal stakeholders and external stakeholders (Donors, Partners, Social Communities) to ensure all activities are aligned with organization’s vision and goals.
• Research fundraising opportunities.
• Create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio, with funding streams including individuals, major gifts, corporates, community, events, trusts/foundations and other grant-makers, with appropriate priorities.
• Prepare concept notes, project ideas and project proposals for potential donors.
• Should be able to manage budgets and analyse revenue efficiency of the project.
• Ensure reporting to funders is accurate, transparent and timely.
• Monitor progress of fundraising drives.
• Liaise with the other department heads (Communications. Operations-core & MI) to ensure the organisation’s cash flow and financial sustainability through careful budgeting, realistic fundraising targets and coordinating timely access to funds from supporters.